An afternoon tea party (with a pot of loose green tea) would be a wonderful way to meet with friends old and new. In many places around the world, tea time is a time honored custom filled with sophistication and grace.
Tea parties can be a great way to celebrate birthdays, baby or bridal showers, graduation or just for reconnecting with friends and family. This is a great time to bring out the best china and silverware and impress people with your amazing hosting skills and even show off some culinary talent.
To host a smooth running afternoon tea party, follow these useful guidelines:
- Choose a date and send the invitations this is important so the people you want present at the tea party will and can actually be there. The best way would be to hand out the invites at least two weeks ahead of the chosen date. Check and know the most convenient time for everyone invited. Invitations can be bought or for the creative ones, do-it-yourself invites can be more personalized.
- Check all relevant accessories and if there is enough stock of loose green tea for all guests. Purchase items you lack. Sometimes finding the right tea items can be difficult, so it would pay not to leave this to the last minute.
- Plan the menu. Check any recipes you have for tea time treats like sandwiches and sweets. The main beverage, which is tea, must be chosen carefully. Select one that everyone would like, loose green tea in jasmine or other flowers tea area sure to be hits. The food can be simple as long as it is tasty.
- Now its time to bring out those beautiful China set and set a lovely table.
- A pretty and attractive table centerpiece like flowers (or even use top quality artificial silk flowers) arranged exquisitely, will complete the setting.
- Properly brew and then graciously serve guests with a nice pot of loose green tea or for more flare, a pot of blooming tea complete in glass tea pot so all can see the blossoming of the tea.
- Set a relaxing mood and let the guests enjoy the tea, food and a nice conversation with each other. While some people would prefer to just have light and easy conversation like the merits of drinking tea, there are those who may want to take it up a notch and play some sort of tea party games. Make sure you are well versed with such etiquette.
Hosting an afternoon tea party can be a lot of fun. It lets people reconnect with one another and creates a more profound relationship. Know the right way to hold a great tea party and family and friends will be begging you to host another one soon.